Friday 8 August 2008

Top 10 Excuses For Not Wearing Your Guild Tabard

I think too many people take World of Warcraft too seriously, especially on PvE (Player versus Environment) servers, where people are playing mostly for the sake of fun.

There are RP (Role-Playing) servers for hardcore players, where you can invent and live out an online persona and adhere to the stricter rules governing play and interaction.

But some people on PvE realms need to lighten up a little, especially those who run their Guild like some paramilitary brigade, where there are rules governing:
  • twinks (never been in a Guild which didn't have twinks);
  • the use of CAPS (annoying, yes, but live and let live - besides, perpetrators ALWAYS get flamed);
  • more than one question mark in chat (huh???); and
  • the wearing of a Guild tabard.
Yes, I have come across one Guild Master who insisted that Guild members buy and wear a Guild tabard at all times.

My wife pointed out that you could probably get away with it most of the time, but you just know you're going to bump into the Guild Master as you are hanging around outside the Stormwind Auction House and he's going to tear you off a strip for not wearing your Guild tabard.

So, here, in David Letterman style, are my Top 10 Excuses For Not Wearing Your Guild Tabard:

10. It's in the wash.
9. This Guild has a tabard?
8. It doesn't go with my PVP gear.
7. A Tauren stole it off me.
6. I lost it in the Caverns of Time.
5. It accidentally caught light when I cast Rain of Fire.
4. I gave it to Topper McNabb.
3. What? I had it on when I came through the Dark Portal.
2. I disenchanted it into an Aquadynamic Fish Attractor.

And the Number 1 excuse for not wearing your Guild tabard...

...I swapped it for an Azure Whelpling.

/gkick

No comments: